Household Appliances Safety Test
Household Appliances Safety Test Elucidation
Testing for household electricity users is a test carried out, including safety testing, efficiency testing, and performance testing. PT SUCOFINDO’s services help to ensure that the products produced have met the safety standards requirements by reducing the risk of product recalls while protecting the reputation of the company and product brand.
Household Appliances Safety Test Service Scope
Testing the safety of electricity users to meet the standards of SNI (Indonesian National Standard) and IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) includes test parameters:
- Protection against electric shock
- Protection against mechanical hazards and fire
- Measurement of power and electric current
- Temperature rise measurement
- Normal and abnormal use testing
- And other test parameters.
Energy efficiency testing refers to SNI and IEC and energy-saving regulations from the relevant ministries.
For household electricity users, PT SUCOFINDO tests household electricity users such as fans, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, electric irons, water pumps, rice cookers, dispensers, and other electrical products to fulfill safety and performance aspects under mandatory SNI regulations and IEC for the product certification process.
PT SUCOFINDO also conducts EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) testing on these electrical and electronic products using the following standards: IEC, EN, FCC, CISPR, DEN AN HOU, and so on. Tests are also carried out on the product’s resistance to electromagnetic interference from outside.
EMC Testing Parameters consist of the following:
- EMC Emission Testing to measure electromagnetic interference (EMI) emitted by electrical and electronic equipment and products, either independently or in systems (Emission Conducted Testing and Emission Radiation Testing)
- EMC Immunity Testing to measure the ability of electrical equipment or product to withstand electromagnetic interference (Electric Fast Transient/Burst Test, Electro Static Discharge, Surge Immunity Test)