Compulsory Building Protection Certification to Be Safe from Harm
The building must have a proper function certificate as legality when built and functions for a long time. Legitimacy in this document is a must-have for every building owner for whatever process it is.
However, inevitably, there are still many buildings that need to pay more attention to the legality of this document even though there are many benefits, especially for building owners, such as providing legal protection before the law.
What is Certified Functionality
SLF (Certification of Proper Function) is a certification process that will be carried out for newly constructed buildings. Even though a building has been completed, if it does not have an SLF, then it is not allowed to operate for any function.
The absence of SLF prevents developers from issuing sale and purchase agreements, and they are not entitled to collect any fees from residents. It cannot open branches if the purpose is for business, and the deed can be issued if the SLF has been taken care of properly.
It not only makes it easier for developers to sell and build buildings as commercial facilities, but SLF also permits developers to build flats. In essence, buildings with any purpose and function are expected to have SLF.
What are the Benefits of Functional Eligibility Certification
The existence of this document is not just for display. Of course, it has many essential benefits or functions, such as:
1. Legal protection
The existence of a proper function certificate provides legal protection so that it can prevent you from various types of lawsuits. When you face unpleasant situations, the legality will automatically protect you.
2. Realizing Building Functions
Each building is made, of course, with its respective functions. Just take the example of one of them becoming an office. Permits issued must, of course, be for office operations, and the ticket can be issued if it goes through a usability inspection first.
3. Ensuring Resident Safety
Finally, residents will feel safer because the legality of the building used or occupied is clear. There have been several evictions without the slightest compensation for people’s dwellings due to the absence of proper certification for building functions.
A house, office, shop, and so on is only enough once the physical development process is complete. You have to pay attention to more things, one of which is prioritizing legality arrangements so that the building can function correctly.
Category in Functional Proper Certification
Various types of buildings are made for various purposes. Based on these objectives, four categories of buildings were created, namely:
- Category A is not for the construction of residential houses above eight floors
- Category B for non-residential buildings with a total of fewer than 8 floors
- Category C for residential buildings that have an area equal to or more than 100 square meters
- Category D is a residential building with an area of less than 100 square meters
Usually, in the development process, it can already be determined what category will be included in the certification application. Was there a functional feasibility banner on the front when there was residential construction?
Function Proper Certification Requirements
In its management, of course, it is the same as various other documents, which require complete requirements. In arranging SLF, you must first prepare the following conditions:
- A statement letter for checking the feasibility of its function
- Letter of application to apply for SLF
- Indonesian citizens must include an ID card, and foreigners must have a limited-stay permit card.
- Especially for establishing a legal entity, several additional documents are needed, such as an NPWP, a deed of establishment, and a decree. Only then can a certificate of proper function be issued
- Proof of legal ownership of the building, proven by showing SHM or SHGB
- Copy of Building Construction Permit, which includes a map of urban planning decisions or maps of KRK, SK IMB, RTLB, as well as architectural drawings of buildings
- Minutes to show that the construction has been completed
- Drawings as-built drawings both in file and print form
- Trial installation of the building, as stated in the minutes
- Photos of the building and its facilities
After all these requirements are met, the applicant can then submit documents to the following:
- The Regional Government or Regional Government can issue permits if the building is not used for a particular function
- The Minister of Public Works, if the building will be built later, submits a certificate of proper function for unique purposes in the DKI Jakarta area.
- The Governor can replace the Minister of Public Works role if buildings with special functions are built in other provinces.
You don’t go directly to the office concerned for these three destinations. You only need to go to the Investment and One-Stop Services Office or abbreviated as DPMPTSP, as the place to submit your application.
Don’t have time to take care of something like this? Don’t delay until the building is in trouble. You can immediately use our services as professionals. Indeed, the process becomes more accessible and time becomes more efficient because it is left to the experts.
For more information about certification services and real estate sector, You can read our article here. If you and your company need further information regarding our services, contact and consult about it here.