General Terms and Condition
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing or except where they are at variance with (i) the regulations governing services performed on behalf of governments, government bodies or any other public entity or (ii) the mandatory provisions of local law, all offers or services and all resulting contractual relationship(s)between Perusahaan Perseroan (Persero) PT Superintending Company of Indonesia (hereinafter SUCOFINDO) and Client (the “Contractual Relationship(s)”) shall be governed by these general conditions of service (hereinafter the “General Conditions”).
- SUCOFINDO may perform services for persons or entities (private, public or governmental) issuing instructions (hereinafter, the “Client”).
- Unless SUCOFINDO receives prior written instructions to the contrary from Client, no other party is entitled to give instructions, particularly on the scope of the services or the delivery of reports or certificates resulting therefrom (“Reports of findings”).
- Client hereby irrevocably authorises SUCOFINDO to deliver Reports of findings to a third party where so instructed by Client or, at its discretion, where it implicitly follows from circumstances, trade custom, usage or practice.
2. PROVISION OF SERVICES
- SUCOFINDO will provide services using reasonable care and skill and in accordance with Client's specific instructions as confirmed by SUCOFINDO or, in the absence of such instructions then SUCOFINDO will apply services based on:
- Service description; and/or
- Any relevant trade custom, usage or practice; and/or
- Such methods as SUCOFINDO shall consider appropriate on technical, operational and/or financial grounds.
- Information stated in reports of findings is derived from the results of inspection or testing procedures carried out in accordance with the instructions of Client, and/or our assessment of such results on the basis of any technical standards, trade custom or practice, or other circumstances which should in our professional opinion be taken into account.
- Reports of findings issued further to the testing of the given samples contain SUCOFINDO's opinion on those samples only and do not express any opinion upon the lot from which the samples were drawn.
- Should Client request that SUCOFINDO witness any third party intervention, Client agrees that SUCOFINDO's sole responsibility is to be present at the time of the third party's intervention.
- Reports of findings issued by SUCOFINDO will reflect the facts as recorded by it at the time and place of its intervention only and within the limits of the instructions received or, in the absence of such instructions, within the limits of the alternative parameters applied as provided for in clause 2(a). SUCOFINDO is under no obligation to refer to, or report upon, any facts or circumstances which are outside the specific instructions received or alternative parameters applied.
- Should SUCOFINDO receive documents reflecting engagements contracted between Client and third parties or third party documents, such as copies of sale contracts, letters of credit, bills of lading, etc., they are considered to be for information only, and do not extend or restrict the scope of the services or the obligations accepted by SUCOFINDO.
- Client acknowledges that SUCOFINDO, by providing the services, neither takes the place of Client or any third party, nor releases them from any of their obligations, nor otherwise assumes, abridges, abrogates or undertakes to discharge any duty of Client to any third party or that of any third party to Client.
- SUCOFINDO may reissue missing reports/certificates at Clients' written request supported by a missing report issued by local authorities. Misuse of these reissued reports/ certificates shall become the sole responsibility of Client both under civil and criminal act.
- All operational documents supporting issuance of the report/certificate will be retained by SUCOFINDO at the latest for 3 years or in accordance with the law such case.
- All samples shall be retained for a maximum of 3 (three)months or such other shorter time period as the nature of the sample permits and then returned to Client or otherwise disposed of at SUCOFINDO's discretion after which time SUCOFINDO shall cease to have any responsibility for such samples.
3. OBLIGATIONS OF CLIENT
The Client will:
- Ensure that sufficient information, instructions and documents are given in due time to enable the required services to be performed.
- Procure all necessary access for SUCOFINDO's representatives to the premises where the services are to be performed and take all necessary steps to eliminate or remedy any obstacles to, or interruptions in the performance of the services.
- Supply, if required, any special equipment and personnel necessary for the performance of the services.
- Ensure that all necessary measures are taken for safety and security of working conditions, sites and installations during the performance of services and will not rely, in this respect, on SUCOFINDO's advice whether required or not.
- Inform SUCOFINDO in advance of any known hazards or dangers, actual or potential, associated with any order or samples or testing including, for example, presence or risk of radiation, toxic or noxious or explosive elements or materials, environmental pollution or poisons.
- Fully exercise all its rights and discharge all its liabilities under any relevant sales or other contract with a third party and at law.
4. FEES AND PAYMENT
- Fees listed in the price list is cost of service during working days (Mon-Fri) and working hours (08:00 – 17:00).
- New client and individual client are required to complete the full payment and existing client is required to complete a prepayment (as working guarantee) for 30% of the order value or minimum Rp. 10.000.000.
- Unless a shorter period is established in the invoice, Client will promptly pay not later than 21 days from the relevant invoice date or within such other period as may be established by SUCOFINDO in the invoice (the “Due Date”).
- Client shall not be entitled to retain or defer payment of any sums due to SUCOFINDO on account of any dispute, counter claim or set off which it may allege against SUCOFINDO.
- SUCOFINDO may elect to bring action for the collection of unpaid fees in any court having competent jurisdiction.
- In the event any unforeseen problems or expenses arise in the course of carrying out the services SUCOFINDO shall endeavour to inform Client and shall be entitled to charge additional fees to cover extra time and cost necessarily incurred to complete the services.
- If SUCOFINDO is unable to perform all or part of the services for any cause whatsoever outside SUCOFINDO's control including failure by Client to comply with any of its obligations provided for in clause 3 above SUCOFINDO shall nevertheless be entitled to payment of:
- the amount of all non-refundable expenses incurred by SUCOFINDO; and
- proportion of the agreed fee equal to the proportion of the services actually carried out.
5. SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF SERVICES
SUCOFINDO shall be entitled to immediately and without liability either suspend or terminate provision of the services in the event of:
- Failure by Client to comply with any of its obligations hereunder and such failure is not remedied within 10 days that notice of such failure has been notified to Client; or
- Any suspension of payment, arrangement with creditors, bankruptcy, insolvency, receivership or cessation of business by Client.
- Prepayment is 90% refundable if the order has not been executed.
- Client shall pay all expenses for service performed up to the date of termination agreed by both parties.
6. LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
- Limitation of Liability:
- SUCOFINDO is neither an insurer nor a guarantor and disclaims all liability in such capacity. Clients seeking a guarantee against loss or damage should obtain appropriate insurance.
- Reports of findings are issued on the basis of information, documents and/or samples provided by, or on behalf of, Client and solely for the benefit of Client who is responsible for acting as it sees fit on the basis of such Reports of findings. Neither SUCOFINDO nor any of its officers, employees, agents or subcontractors shall be liable to Client nor any third party for any actions taken or not taken on the basis of such Reports of findings nor for any incorrect results arising from unclear, erroneous, incomplete, misleading or false information provided to SUCOFINDO.
- SUCOFINDO shall not be liable for any delayed, partial or total non-performance of the services arising directly or indirectly from any event outside SUCOFINDO's control including failure by Client to comply with any of its obligations hereunder.
- The liability of SUCOFINDO in respect of any claim for loss, damage or expense of any nature and howsoever arising shall in no circumstances exceed a total aggregate sum equal to 10 times the amount of the fee paid in respect of the specific service which gives rise to such claim or Rp. 250.000.000, whichever is the lesser.
- SUCOFINDO shall have no liability for any indirect or consequential loss (including loss of profits).
- In the event of any claim, Client must give written notice to SUCOFINDO within 30 days of discovery of the facts alleged to justify such claim and, in any case, SUCOFINDO shall be discharged from all liability for all claims for loss, damage or expense unless suit is brought within one year from:
- the date of performance by SUCOFINDO of the service which gives rise to the claim; or
- the date when the service should have been completed in the event of any alleged non-performance.
Client shall guarantee, hold harmless and indemnify SUCOFINDO and its officers, employees, agents or subcontractors against all claims (actual or threatened) by any third party for loss, damage or expense of whatsoever nature including all legal expenses and related costs and howsoever arising relating to the performance, purported performance or non-performance, of any services.
- If any one or more provisions of these General Conditions are found to be illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- During the course of providing the services and for a period of one year thereafter Client shall not directly or indirectly entice, encourage or make any offer to SUCOFINDO's employees to leave their employment with SUCOFINDO.
- SUCOFINDO will guarantee confidentiality of all operational data, and documents that are classified as such.
- Use of SUCOFINDO's corporate name or registered marks for advertising purposes is not permitted without SUCOFINDO's prior written authorization.
8. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Unless specifically agreed otherwise, all disputes arising out or in connection with Contractual Relationship(s) hereunder shall be governed by the substantive laws of the Republic of Indonesia exclusive of any rules with respect to conflicts of laws and be finally settled under the Rules of Badan Arbitrase Nasional Indonesia (BANI) by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said rules. The arbitration shall take place in Jakarta, Indonesia and be conducted in Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language).
These General Terms and Conditions have been drafted in Bahasa Indonesia and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any discrepancy, the Bahasa Indonesia version shall prevail.