'Sustainability' Issues Take Center-stage When 6th Palm Oil Asia Summit Returns to Jakarta This August
Kamis, 05 Juni 2014 | 09:37
At the top of the agenda at the August summit are mounting pressures of sustainability and meeting the biofuel mandate in Indonesia to incorporate the best practices in the palm oil industry. Designed to provide a holistic overview of the current trends and concerns facing the industry, prominent speakers from Pertamina, Univanich Palm Oil PCL, Olam International Limited will address 'Meeting Indonesia's Biofuel Mandate', 'Four Pillars of Sustainable Palm Oil Production in Thailand' and an 'Update on Olam's Palm Oil & Rubber Plantations in Gabon – Lessons Learnt' respectively.
A major highlight of the summit is the 'Sustainability Roundtable: Finding a common ground and working together on Palm Oil Sustainability Standards' led by Dr. Rosediana Suharto, Executive Chairman, Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil Commission (ISPO); Tuti Suryani Sirait, Auditor, PT SUCOFINDO and Salahudin Yaacob, Technical Director, Round Table on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
Other key industry specific discussions are:
1. Overview of Indian Oilseed Sector by Prof. B V Mehta, Executive Director, The Solvent Extractors' Association of India
2. Shortcut to a Sustainable Upstream Yield Improvement by Mr. John Low, Partner, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants Sdn Bhd
3. Development in High Yielding Varieties by Ang Boon Beng, Group Head of Research, Asian Agri (PT Inti Indosawit Subur)
4. SURESAWITTM SHELL: A Commercial Assay to predict oil palm fruit by Dr. Rajinder Singh, Principal Research Officer/ Group Leader - Genomics Research, Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB)
5. Planting oil palm on degraded sandy soils – A case for growers to claim carbon credit by Peter Lim, Research General Manager (General Manager), PT Bumitama Gunajaya Agro
6. Sustaining soil and water resources in oil palm plantations: Practical methods for monitoring by Prof. Michael Webb, Senior Research Scientist, CSIRO Land & Water
7. Leveraging Sustainable Palm Based Materials into Higher Value Downstream Renewable Products by Dr. William Radany, President and Chief Executive Officer, Verdezyne Inc.
8. A Teck Guan Model for Integrated Glycan Generation & Processing of Oil Palm Biomass by Dr. Douglas Furtek, Director, Operational Innovation, Research, and Development, Datuk Hong Ngit Ming, Avito Hong, Directors, Teck Guan Group
9. BBC's Experience in Integration of POM, Biogas and other Industries by Christopher Yek, Managing Director, BBC Palm Oil Mill Sdn Bhd and Executive Director, BBC Biogas Sdn Bhd
10. Anaerobic & Aerobic Membrane Bioreactor System for POME Treatment by Noraini Binti Sulaiman, Engineer, Kubota Corporation
The summit is expected to be attended by palm oil producers, plantation advisors, agronomists, scientific officers, R&D dept. heads, sustainability directors, millers, palm oil traders, independent agronomy advisors, plantation consultants, IT solution providers, equipment suppliers, researchers, fertilizer companies, palm oil research institutes, agriculture depts., crop science and agri-biotech cos. and many others.
source : http://www.digitaljournal.com